VentaFax and Venta4Net products contain third-party intellectual property. Provided below are details of copyright rights belonging to these parties.
1. Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
TIFF and PDF support based in part on LibTIFF, Copyright © 1988-1997 Sam Leffler, Copyright (c) 1991-1997 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
2. This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit.
3. VFT38M.EXE, a free virtual fax modem module, is supplied with some versions of VentaFax and Venta4Net. The module is based on the source code of project T38modem (version 1.2.1), Copyright © 2007-2010 Vyacheslav Frolov (http://t38modem.sourceforge.net/), distributed under the MPL 1.0 license.
The VFT38M.EXE project requires the following libraries for compilation:
- Open Phone Abstraction Library (OPAL) (version 3.9.0/3.9beta0 (svn:24192)), Copyright © Equivalence Pty. Ltd, Copyright © Post Increment. MPL 1.0 license.
- Portable Tools Library (PTLIB) (version 2.9.0/2.9beta0 (svn:24192)), Copyright © Equivalence Pty. Ltd, Copyright © Post Increment. MPL 1.0 license.
The source code of the modules listed above was modified and adapted for the VentaFax project.
According to the terms of the License, the source code of VFT38M.EXE can be downloaded here.
Apart from this, project VFT38M.EXE uses another third-party library for faxing via G.711 Passthrough - Spandsp Library, Copyright © Steve Underwood, distributed under the LGPL license.
The source code of the library was not modified.
Provisions of corresponding license agreements pertaining to the prohibition of software distribution, transfer and inclusion into other products do not apply to VFT38M.EXE, libspandsp.dll and SpanDSPFax_pwplugin.dll modules.